Sunday, May 20, 2012

Wake Up Call

This morning we were issued a harsh and unexpected wake up call at 5:30am and were corralled to the beach with only 5 minutes to get dressed and brush our teeth. They then proceeded to write on our foreheads and give us a verse to meditate on while we sat in the very cold wind and mist. We soon were given a talk in which we discovered that our foreheads said "IN" and we pledged to be "all in" for this summer and give it all to God. Although early and unexpected, it was a great time to focus on our relationship with God (and, hey, we were on the beach!)

(taken at about 6am)

I am excited to see what God has to teach me now that I am dedicated to give my whole summer experience to Him. It's scary to think that the next 3 months of my life are not in my control, but I could not think of anyone better to lead it than my Savior. 

Tomorrow is my first day of work in which I will be trained and oriented. I am attending this with many of my already good friends that will be working alongside of me. I am nervous, but also really excited. I will be working at the Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach as a waitress. I'm very ready to learn more about what I will be doing. 

Here are a few more pictures of me and my housemates that were taken today!

(Megan, myself & Becca)

(Megan, myself & Shannon)

Thanks again for all the prayers and I'll continue to update you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment